Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great combination of asparagus and olives!!! For a change of pace, you can use carrots, eggplant or even zucchini instead of the asparagus.
- 1 lb thin asparagus
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Trim tough stems from asparagus.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté garlic and olives in oil about 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus, salt, pepper and the water.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until asparagus is tender (3 to 5 minutes).
The only problem with this recipe is that I should have doubled it! It was delicious, pretty, and healthy. My dinner guests ate every single spear and olive.
I place the asparagus, garlic, oil and pepper in heavy duty foil and grilled 15 minutes to perfection. I left the olives whole. Made for ZWT 6 Thanks.
Very good. Not amazing, but they were what I expected. Very fresh tasting because the flavors of the olives didn't do too much. Made for ZWT6