Greek Lamb Stew With Feta
- Trim fat from lamb and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- In a shallow dutch oven, heat oil over med high heat, then brown lamb in batches and add to slow cooker.
- Drain fat from dutch oven, then add onions, garlic, rind, salt, allspice and cinnamon, frying over med heat, stirring occasionally until onions are softened (about 5 minutes).
- Sprinkle with flour - cook stirring, for 1 minute. Add beef stock & tomato paste, then bring to a boil and stir and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or on high for 4 - 5 hours, until the lamb is tender.
- Stir in artichokes, then cover and cook for 15 minutes to heat through. Serve sprinkled with feta and parsley!