Recipe by DailyInspiration
From Cooking Light Magazine. This recipe mixes lamb with beef so the lamb flavor won't overpower the dish. If assembling ahead, sprinkle with feta cheese just before baking.
Top Review by Satyne
This was a lovely recipe that had my guests licking their plates and going back for seconds. Came together easily and the flavours were great. Directions were easy to follow too. Made for ZWT 9 for the Tasty Testers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 9 ounces lean ground lamb
- 9 ounces extra lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄4 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- cooking spray
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and next 4 ingredients (through beef); cook 14 minutes or until lamb and beef are browned, stirring to crumble. Add stock to pan; cook 3 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Combine ricotta and rind in a small bowl. Spread 1 tablespoons ricotta mixture over one side of each lasagna noodle.
- Spread 2 cups tomato mixture in bottom of an 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles, ricotta side up, over tomato mixture; top with 2 cups tomato mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with 2 cups tomato mixture. Sprinkle evenly with feta cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove foil; let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.