Recipe by Mims & Squims
All meals should be this easy!
Top Review by barbellina74
This was delicious, but in the future I will be putting the chicken at the bottom of the crock pot, under the veggies and seasonings. The meat came out just a bit dry, since I wasn't around all day to periodically spoon the broth over it. Putting it at the bottom will help keep it really juicy.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse sea salt (can use regular salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt (can use regular salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green beans
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots, peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Pile potatoes in bottom of large crock-pot. Next, layer carrots, then green beans. Top with chicken breasts.
- Drizzle with lemon juice & sprinkle with minced garlic, celery salt, & pepper.
- Toss in basil & oregano.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Cook on low 10-12 hours or high 5 hours.