Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
All meals should be this easy!
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse sea salt (can use regular salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt (can use regular salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green beans
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots, peeled
- Pile potatoes in bottom of large crock-pot. Next, layer carrots, then green beans. Top with chicken breasts.
- Drizzle with lemon juice & sprinkle with minced garlic, celery salt, & pepper.
- Toss in basil & oregano.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Cook on low 10-12 hours or high 5 hours.
This was delicious, but in the future I will be putting the chicken at the bottom of the crock pot, under the veggies and seasonings. The meat came out just a bit dry, since I wasn't around all day to periodically spoon the broth over it. Putting it at the bottom will help keep it really juicy.
This was so easy to make it's almost ridiculous--I always love that! It smelled heavenly while it was cooking. I didn't like the looks of the green beans at the supermarket, so I just doubled the carrots. More veggies would have added to the dish, I think. Any veggies at all, I imagine. As always with the crockpot, white meat chicken breast gets a bit too dry, so I had to ladle the "gravy" over it. Maybe I'll use thigh meat next time. Very good and only 6 Weight Watcher points for a huge serving.
I am only opting for a comment. This was made as per recipe except the green beans were omitted. Four boneless breasts were used as well as 4 skinless, chicken legs. The meal was cooked on low for 4 to 5 hours. The vegetables were wonderful as were the chicken legs the chicken boneless breasts were dry and lacked flavor. If I were to make this again I would use the bone-in chicken breasts.