A good, basic and easy Greek salad. I vary the amounts to how I feel and what I have in the store cupboard, but always use the basic ingredients (and usually use lots of feta and olives).
- 1 cucumber, washed and sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, washed and quartered
- 1 small lettuce, washed and leaves torn (we like iceberg)
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 150 g feta
- 100 g black olives, pitted (preferably Kalamata)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (preferably Greek)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Put the cucumber, tomatoes, onions and lettuce in a bowl.
- Pour over the vinegar and oil.
- Season with salt, pepper and oregano and toss.
- Add feta and olives.
- Serve with crusty bread.
I made this salad with part romaine and part iceberg lettuce. We really enjoyed it and the dressing was very nice! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.
I added some chopped artichoke hearts. Great salad. Made for ZWT 6.
I used spinach instead of lettuce (lettuce spoils too quickly around here) and made it in individual bowls instead of in one large bowl. I also used fresh oregano from my garden instead of dried. NIce! For ZWT6 N.