Recipe by Andtototoo!
This is a recipe, originally from the Taste of Home site, but I probably changed the title. I may also have adapted the recipe a bit. If you like garlic and chicken, you will love this recipe.
- 2 (3 lb) roasting chickens, about 3 lbs. each
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 40 peeled garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean the chickens and pat dry.
- Place the chickens on a large, lightly greased cookie sheet with sides.
- Divide the diced onion in half, and place each half in the cavity of a chicken.
- In a small mixing bowl put the oil, salt, parsley flakes, celery flakes, tarragon, thyme, rosemary and ground black pepper.
- Stir well and then rub the mixture into the skin of the chickens.
- Sprinkle the garlic cloves onto the cookie sheet, around the chickens.
- Cover the chicken with foil, and bake in a 325F oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, increase heat to 350F and bake about 40 more minutes.
- Preparation time does not include peeling all of those garlic cloves.