Recipe by zeldaz51
I love this dip sold at Trader Joe's, found this copycat recipe for it at jeanetteshealthyliving.com
Top Review by Rinshinomori
This was a very nice dip - easy to make and wonderful for feta lovers. I knew I would like this dip even before making it because I often eat as a snack Greek yogurt dusted with lots of black pepper and drizzled with extra virgin olive. I also like Feta cheese in many recipes. My husband does not like Feta cheese and I was curious to see how he liked this dip. I did not tell him there was Feta in in. He liked it just fine. I halved the recipe and that amount is perfect for 3-4 people as a nice appetizer dip with wine. For people who loves garlic, perhaps doubled amount roasted garlic would up the taste. I added more extra virgin olive oil to the dip and drizzled some too. This one is a keeper because it's so simple to make and tasty. Thanks for sharing Zeldaz.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, about 1 1/3 cup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 teaspoon za'atar spice mix, plus more (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place garlic, feta cheese and olive oil in food processor and process until cheese is roughly crumbled. Remove half of cheese to a bowl. Add yogurt, lemon juice, black pepper and za'atar seasoning to food processor bowl. Process until just about smooth. Add to bowl of feta crumbles and mix well. Spoon into serving bowl and sprinkle with more za'atar seasoning.