Tirokafteri (Greek Feta Dip)
This is a classic Greek appetizer using of course feta.My mum used to make this often!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 500 g feta cheese
- 1 spicy hot pepper
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Firsty, put the feta in a bowl with water. Let it stand for 1 hour. Then drain and cut in cubes.
- Grill or fry the pepper,remove the seeds and cut into pieces.
- Put the feta cubes in a electric mixer bowl , add the pepper in pieces and begin beating.Add the vinegar and gradually the olive oil.
- In the end add the oregano and stir.
- Ready! It can be kept covered in bowl in the fridge for up to 5 days.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The taste is great but I would have liked it more spicy. I bought a red hot pepper. Next time I'll use 2. I find it too thick. It's hard to dip pita chips in it. I don't know if the feta could be the problem. Thanks Katia :) Made for PAC Spring 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0Reply
Easy and so good! We enjoyed this dip on veggies and crackers, and my roomie declared the flavor "fanstastic". I cut the recipe in half, since there are only three of us, but now I'm beginning to think I should have made more anyway. :) Using a good-quality feta cheese really adds to the finished product. Thanks for sharing.Reply
see 10 more