Recipe by Q & A's Mom
My mother got this recipe from a newspaper many, many years ago. Now, she has passed the recipe to me. We use to make this with regular table salt, but it is better with the coarse sea salt. I have also made this recipe with a whole cut-up chicken and it works great too.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 large potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1⁄4 canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 onion, diced
- coarse sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a roasting pan. In a large skillet over medium heat, fry the potatoes in batches in the canola oil until golden brown, add them to the pan with the chicken.
- In a bowl combine the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, parsley, onion, coarse sea salt & pepper to taste. Stir until well mixed pour this mixture over the chicken and the potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, basting the chicken and potatoes with the sauce mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes and serve hot.