Recipe by BamaKathy
I found this in a southern magazine and decided to try it. Now my husband requests it every week. It's beautiful with the colors of the olives, red peppers, etc. Smells great.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 16 small black olives, pitted
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- 2 teaspoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients; sprinkle evenly over chicken.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken.
- Add bell pepper and onion to skillet; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in wine and broth, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of pan. Stir in olives. Return chicken to skillet.
- Bring to a boil. Remove skillet from heat.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Combine rice and chopped parsley. Serve chicken over rice.