Top Review by Angela Sara
This is an easy recipe all in one pan! I pounded the chicken breasts first so it cut the cooking time by about ten minutes, and I used about half the amount of olives. Very tasty meal which we had with plain basmati rice and green beans. Thanks for posting.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancut-up tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Greek olive, cut in half and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- Add onion and garlic; cook 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid to the pan with the cinnamon, cayenne, salt, pepper and olives.
- Simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken and continue cooking 10 to 15 minutes, until chicken tests done.
- Remove chicken to a warm platter.
- Bring sauce to boil with lemon and parsley.
- Boil a few minutes until slightly thickened.
- Pour over chicken.
- Serve with rice or noodles.