1/1 Photo of Greek Chicken
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut-up tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup Greek olive, cut in half and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Brown chicken on both sides.
- 3Add onion and garlic; cook 2 minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes with their liquid to the pan with the cinnamon, cayenne, salt, pepper and olives.
- 5Simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- 6Turn chicken and continue cooking 10 to 15 minutes, until chicken tests done.
- 7Remove chicken to a warm platter.
- 8Bring sauce to boil with lemon and parsley.
- 9Boil a few minutes until slightly thickened.
- 10Pour over chicken.
- 11Serve with rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.5
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 268.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 26.5 g