Recipe by **Mandy**
This is so tasty, even my DH commented on this one when I made it.
Top Review by breezermom
The smell coming from the oven while this was cooking had me salivating. My expectations were high for this dish! But I found it a little bland....maybe my curry powder wasn't hot enough, although I used the hot curry powder. Next time I may use red curry paste, or add some additional seasonings. But this is a very beautiful dish, and smells wonderful while it is cooking.
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tomatoes, peeled & chopped or 420 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 6 fish steaks or 6 fish, cutlets
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently fry onions & curry powder in oil until tender, pour off oil, add garlic, chopped tomatoes and the wine & lemon juice, cover & simmer for 10 mins approximately.
- Arrange fish in a baking dish & spread the tomato-onion mixture over.
- Arrange tomato slices on top & sprinkle with parsley & a little extra oil.
- Bake uncovered at approx 180.C for 30-40 mins or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.