Recipe by Tish
This recipe has a nice Greek flair using ingredients you might have on hand...making this a quick easy meal to put together! Great served with a Greek salad and crusty bread.
Top Review by NurseJaney
This is a variation on a few other recipes I have for a Greek artichoke chiken. I really liked my old stand-bys better, with LOTS of lemon and more "sauce" for the pasta. This would work for "quick", since most of us would have all the ingredients handy, and it is fairly tasty for a busy family, but planning for guests, would need more flavor.
- 2 -3 lbs chicken thighs (about 6-8)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- fresh oregano or basil, to garnish
- cooked pasta, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper the chicken thighs.
- Heat the olive oil on medium high in a large skillet. Brown the chicken on all sides. During the last minute of browning, add the garlic to the pan, between the chicken pieces, and cook just until soft.
- Pour in the tomatoes and artichokes including their juices. Stir in the sugar. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer uncovered, turning the chicken pieces occasionally to cook evenly. Chicken will take approximately 20 minutes to cook through.
- Turn the chicken pieces so that the top faces up. Crumble the feta on top and heat just until feta starts to melt.
- Garnish with generous handfuls of the fresh herbs.
- Note: The pan will have lots of juice with flecks of feta chunks. Spoon the chicken and sauce into a shallow bowl over cooked orzo or other pasta.