Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My kids eat this on a regular basis BUT they think that Ranch dressing and cheese are condiments like ketchup is! We make these also as snack size using an english muffin. This is the actual recipe from California cheese with the added variations. Serving size is for 4 normal meal size portions or 1 teenage son!
- 1 (12 -14 inch) prepared pizza crust
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded california mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded california monterey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread Ranch dressing on partially baked crust.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella and Monterey Jack evenly over dressing.
- Sprinkle herbs evenly over cheese.
- Variation #1:.
- Western White; Ricotta is a fresh Italian-style cheese that gives this pizza a slightly sweet and creamy texture.
- Mix 1 cup Ricotta with oregano, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the seasoned Ricotta over Ranch dressing.
- Add ½ cup diced onion and sprinkle Mozzarella and Monterey Jack over all.
- Variation #2:.
- Western Green and White; for a more adventurous version of the classic White Pizza, sprinkle 1 cup chopped fresh spinach and 1 cup cooked chicken (shredded or cubed) over Ranch dressing.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella, Monterey Jack and herbs over all.
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and the crust is crisp and golden.
Very differant, but tasty. I chose Variation #2. :)