I am not sure of its orgins, but I am trying to find the source.
Make and share this Great White Chili (supposed to Be by Willie Nelson) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb white beans, rinsed
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 -8 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 ounces diced green chilies
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- sour cream, to serve
- chopped green onion, to serve
- chopped cilantro, to serve
- chopped tomato, to serve
- Put the chicken stock base, broth, and beans in a large pot (I like my Crock Pot).
- Simmer it for two hours, covered.
- Saute the onions in the oil until they are gently browned.
- Combine the onions with the spices, chicken, and other vegetables, and simmer for another hour or so.
- Add the cheese and sour cream, cooking until the cheese melts in the chili.
- You might want to serve the chili with more sour cream, green onions, diced tomatoes, salsa, cilantro, or cheese.
- The recipe serves about four people, but I always double it, because it tastes even better the second day.
- If you don't use fresh cilantro, you might want to double the amount you use.
- Also, I have found the garlic to be low, but you can tell by my name that I love to cook with garlic.
- It was also great to substitute some of the chicken broth with beer (preferably Mexican), if you add a few shots of tequila for added ummph!