Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Good! I got this from a grocery newsletter flyer.
Make and share this Great Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 500 g ground veal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup gourmet barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 medium red peppers or 1⁄2 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a bowl, combine beef, veal, salt, Tabasco, barbecue sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, eggs and pepper. Blend thoroughly and set aside.
- Finely chop and in a separate bowl combine: red or green pepper, garlic, basil and oregano. Toss well and add to meat mixture; blend in thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture to loaf pan or baking dish and shape into a loaf; brush liberally with barbecue sauce and bake in 350°F oven for 1 hour, or just until meat is no longer pink inside.
- Baste frequently while baking with barbecue sauce.