Chef 313014's Note:
Good! I got this from a grocery newsletter flyer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 500 g ground veal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup gourmet barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 medium red peppers or 1/2 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1In a bowl, combine beef, veal, salt, Tabasco, barbecue sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, eggs and pepper. Blend thoroughly and set aside.
- 2Finely chop and in a separate bowl combine: red or green pepper, garlic, basil and oregano. Toss well and add to meat mixture; blend in thoroughly.
- 3Transfer mixture to loaf pan or baking dish and shape into a loaf; brush liberally with barbecue sauce and bake in 350°F oven for 1 hour, or just until meat is no longer pink inside.
- 4Baste frequently while baking with barbecue sauce.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Great Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.1
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 193.0 mg
- Sodium 1012.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 35.3 g