Recipe by Buster's friend
Received this in email from www.whfoods.com. Seems like a full-flavored but light version of a really satisfying vegie combo. The email reports this salad provides 350% of your daily Vitamin A requirement per serving! Also nice is that it can marinate in your fridge for a week & just get tastier - some for now & more for later! They report a serving to be 116 grams (59 calories per their serving) ... don't know how this translates so I am guessing at 4 servings. The site is an interesting source of info about nutrition & food choices presented in easy to understand ways.
- 2 cups carrots, turned
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, thick sliced
- 1 cup fennel bulb, fresh sliced
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, rinsed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mixed Italian herbs, dried
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, cracked
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- extra virgin olive oil, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting benefits.
- Bring water to boil in steamer and add carrots and steam for 4 minutes. Add celery and fennel and steam for just 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and place in a bowl with capers and olives.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together, drizzling olive oil at end a little at a time.
- Toss with vegetables and marinate for at least 15 minutes before serving.