Ny Style Antipasto Salad
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1.5 (12 ounce) packages corkscrew shaped pasta, cooked, drained, cooled (I use the 3 colored kind sold in the 12 ounce bags)
- 2 cups white cheese, in bite sized cubes (I use either Swiss, Provolone, or sometimes Monterey Jack)
- 1 (6 ounce) can small black olives, pitted, drained, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pepperoni, diced (optional)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup red onion, minced
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 2 bunches broccoli, florets only, cut into small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil or 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 -6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, more to taste
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1/4-1/2 cup romano cheese, grated
- Combine all veggies, cheese, and meat in a very large bowl with cooled pasta.
- In a blender, combine all dressing ingredients, using only 4 Tbsp of the vinegar and 1/4 cup Parmesan to start; blend until smooth.
- Pour dressing over veggies and toss well.
- Taste and add more vinegar, Parmesan, salt etc to taste as needed- this will vary greatly depending upon your preferences.
- Chill at least 1 hour, then toss and test for seasonings again, adding more if needed.
- Serves a crowd!
Join The Conversation