Recipe by Lulabelle4822
This was my great Grandmother's pudding recipe and it has been one of my family's favorites for years.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cooked rice
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- scald milk (not boiled)
- remove from heat and add the butter and sugar.
- cool. Slowly stir into the beaten eggs and add remaining ingredients.
- pour into a buttered casserole dish; set in pan of hot water
- Put pan with casserole dish inside of it inside the oven and bake at 350 for about 45 mins until the custard is firm.