Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this from Kraft Canada and it is highly rated on their website. I made this yesterday and it was very good! It is easily halved. Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip light or 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard or 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked potatoes (4 - 6 potatoes)
- 2 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped gherkins or 1⁄2 cup sweet pickles or 1⁄2 cup baby dill pickle
- 4 -6 radishes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika, to garnish (optional)
- Boil potatos with skin on, cooling completely.
- Once potatoes are cool, cut potatoes into bite sized cubes.
- Hard boil 2 eggs and chop when cool.
- Combine salad dressing (mayonnaise), mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix lightly.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, about 1.
- 5 to 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with optional paprika to garnish.
- Note- adjust mustard and other spices for your taste.
- I freepoured them for our tastes.
This is an excellent potato salad. I think the celery seeds add a lot of flavour. I didn't have a Spanish onion so I used green onions. Thanks for a great recipe.