Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I don't remember how I got the idea that I wanted to try a Grasshopper Pie. I don't drink, so it took a bit of searching the web to find a recipe without alcohol. One time I forgot to buy the Andes mints, so I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. Not as good. Might be okay if they were the itty-bitty kind. For the crust, mix 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs with 4 Tablespoons melted butter and press into a 9-inch pie plate.
- 1 (8 ounce) package Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 15 Andes mints candies, chopped
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- In a large bowl, stir Cool Whip into marshmallow creme.
- Stir in mint extract and food color.
- Fold in chopped Andes mints.
- Spoon into pie crust.
- Freeze until firm; at least 4 hours or overnight. Frozen pie will be firm but not hard.