Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a frozen pie recipe that I learned in High School Home-Ec many years ago. I'm not sure where the recipe came from, but I still love it.
- 1 chocolate wafer pie crust
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1⁄4 cup creme de menthe
- 2 tablespoons Creme de Cacao
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, shaved for decoration
- Chill pie crust for at least 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl,combined marshmallow cream, cream de menthe, & cream de coco. Beat until smooth.
- Whip cream in a separate bowl until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into marshmallow mixture. Spoon filling into crust.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours. Garnish with chocolate curls and extra whipped cream if desired.
Where did you go to school?! LOL They didn't even let us have Vanilla extract! This was very good! And gives you a slight fuzzy in the head lol (though granted 3 of us ate the whole pie) I topped it with chocolate chips and covered with whipped cream so it would have a firmer "ice creamy" top. I would cut the creme de menth back a bit next time, it was slightly to much. And it didn't set until the next morning. We tried cutting it after 7 hours and it was still way to runny. I did use 8oz cool whip for the whipping cream - but just for safety's sake I would make this the night before you plan on serving. Thanks a lot! I'll be keeping this one around.