Recipe by Melanie B.
This is a frozen pie recipe that I learned in High School Home-Ec many years ago. I'm not sure where the recipe came from, but I still love it.
Top Review by Nikoma
Where did you go to school?! LOL They didn't even let us have Vanilla extract! This was very good! And gives you a slight fuzzy in the head lol (though granted 3 of us ate the whole pie) I topped it with chocolate chips and covered with whipped cream so it would have a firmer "ice creamy" top. I would cut the creme de menth back a bit next time, it was slightly to much. And it didn't set until the next morning. We tried cutting it after 7 hours and it was still way to runny. I did use 8oz cool whip for the whipping cream - but just for safety's sake I would make this the night before you plan on serving. Thanks a lot! I'll be keeping this one around.
- 1 chocolate wafer pie crust
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1⁄4 cup creme de menthe
- 2 tablespoons Creme de Cacao
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, shaved for decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill pie crust for at least 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl,combined marshmallow cream, cream de menthe, & cream de coco. Beat until smooth.
- Whip cream in a separate bowl until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into marshmallow mixture. Spoon filling into crust.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours. Garnish with chocolate curls and extra whipped cream if desired.