Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is very yummy and wonderful in the summer. It was a huge hit with friends.
Make and share this Grasshopper Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 5 cups chocolate mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup creme de menthe
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Place wafer crumbs in large bowl, then stir in butter until evenly moist.
- Firmly press over bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake in center of oven until firm, 5-7 minutes.
- Place in freezer to cool for about 20.
- When crust is cool, place ice cream in large bowl, and cut into small chunks.
- Stir in liqueur as best you can, but don’t let the ice cream melt completely.
- Spoon into cooled crust and spread evenly.
- Tightly cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
DH's new favorite. I used a store bought oreo cookie crust.