Recipe by 989135
This recipie uses the peels off the grapes you are canning. It is a favorite of my familys and started as a way to use those high nutient peels. These are very High in fiber and taste grate!
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts (Chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup grape skins, yes just the skins after you have cooked the grapes and put them through the foley mill use what is
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- mix togather dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Beat together egg, milk, oils, butter. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into it. Using a large spoon or spatula combine the ingredients. Quit stiring as soon as the dry ingredients are moistened.The batter should be lumpy not smooth.
- spoon batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake fe for 20 - 30 minutes, testing with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, they are done.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 5 minutes prior to removing them from the tins.
- Tip: When I can grape juice or Grapoe jelly I freeze the peels in bags proportioned to make a batch of muffing.