1/2 Photos of Grannydragon's Pot Roast in Peach Juice
1 hr 10 mins
This is a Pressure cooker recipe that I have been making for several decades. Try not to swoon when tasting the gravy. I never have measured, but I will make a guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set the beef roast out to climatize to room temperature, at least 30 minute
- 2Heat the oil in the pressure cooker, until it starts to smoke. Season the roast. Gently and carefully put the roast in to brown. Do not be in a hurry, let it brown really dark, but do not burn, this will bring out the best flavor.
- 3When the roast is browned nicely on both sides, throw in the onion and garlic.
- 4Put in enough peach juice to cover the roast.
- 5Put on the pressure cooker lid. When pressure begins to escape is the time to start your timer. 45 minutes should make the meat fork-tender.
- 6At the end of 45 minutes, remove the pressure cooker from the stove. Allow it to rest about 15 minutes. Then remove the valve, when all pressure is released, remove the lid.
- 7Place your roast on a platter and allow it to rest, before carving.
- 9While the cooked roast is resting, it is time to make the gravy.
- 10Make a slurry of the corn starch and cold water.
- 11Bring the pot liquid to the boil, stir the slurry once more and pour into the pot liquid, using a (kitchen)whip, lash it gently until it thickens, to an obedient gravy. This being a very simple step.
- 12Carve the meat. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grannydragon's Pot Roast in Peach Juice
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.3
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 134.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 37.3 g