This is a Pressure cooker recipe that I have been making for several decades. Try not to swoon when tasting the gravy. I never have measured, but I will make a guess.
- Set the beef roast out to climatize to room temperature, at least 30 minute
- Heat the oil in the pressure cooker, until it starts to smoke. Season the roast. Gently and carefully put the roast in to brown. Do not be in a hurry, let it brown really dark, but do not burn, this will bring out the best flavor.
- When the roast is browned nicely on both sides, throw in the onion and garlic.
- Put in enough peach juice to cover the roast.
- Put on the pressure cooker lid. When pressure begins to escape is the time to start your timer. 45 minutes should make the meat fork-tender.
- At the end of 45 minutes, remove the pressure cooker from the stove. Allow it to rest about 15 minutes. Then remove the valve, when all pressure is released, remove the lid.
- Place your roast on a platter and allow it to rest, before carving.
- While the cooked roast is resting, it is time to make the gravy.
- Make a slurry of the corn starch and cold water.
- Bring the pot liquid to the boil, stir the slurry once more and pour into the pot liquid, using a (kitchen)whip, lash it gently until it thickens, to an obedient gravy. This being a very simple step.
- Carve the meat. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Tasty pot roast, but needs a few adjustments: only 2 cups of peach juice are needed (our meat doesn't need a swimming pool of sauce, and most p.c.s do not require more than 1 cup of liquid); for best taste, the pot roast should be browned on its own and then removed, then the onions and garlic should be browned before putting under pressure (because they won't mellow under pressure). Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
I'll try this soon - but had to say: I love your handle! Grannydragon, how cool is that?
This recipe was a hit with my guys! I cooked the meat in my crock pot and I added potatoes and carrots to it too. The peach juice sure gave it a flavor. Will be using this recipe again!!