Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious souffle that uses corn syrup as the sweetener. The topping is what makes it great!
Make and share this Grandma's Sweet Potato Souffle recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 -4 large sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine sugar, butter, syrup and eggs. Add salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Beat with mixer until fluffy. Stir in mashed potatoes. Spoon mixture into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Prepare topping: Mix all topping ingredients together in a small bowl until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over portato mixture and bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
I first made this recipe more than 15 years ago and I am still required to make it for ALL family gatherings. Need I say more. I always have to make two souffles. One to take and one to leave at home. I don't think I have ever made less than 3 times the recipe amount. It is so good my family places it with deserts. Everyone prefers it to sweet potato pie. Try it you will love it.