Recipe by ChipotleChick
My grandma's Swedish Meatballs recipe, but I don't think that's quite what they are. I do know they are tasty!
Top Review by dogsandwoods
This was pretty tasty, but when all was said and done, it tasted more like spaghetti sauce. I would reduce the tomato sauce or add an extra can of mushroom soup. That said, it was quite an easy and quick meal. Thank you!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 2 slices bread, soaked in milk to cover
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 ounces onion soup mix
- 1 green onion, chopped small
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped (optional)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 12 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the meatball ingredients well. Roll into bite-sized balls.
- Place on foil lined baking pan that has been greased or sprayed.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and pour over the meatballs.
- Serve with egg noodles or mashed potatoes.