Grandma's Italian Meatballs
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- Mix ground beef, garlic, bread crumbs, egg, basil, parmesan cheese, and parsley until combined. Do not overwork meatball mixture.
- Make golfball size meatballs with meatball mixture.
- Brown meatballs in a frying pan over medium heat, or bake at 375 degrees F for about 10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Combine browned meatballs in a pot with sauce and raisins.
- Cook covered, simmering gently over low heat, for at least 3 hours and up to 5 hours, stirring gently occasionaly.
- If sauce becomes too thick over the course of cooking, a small amount of water can be added to thin it.
- Serve over spaghetti, on rolls, or however your heart desires.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful authentic Italian meatballs! I baked the meatballs for 10 minutes at 475F to brown, then simmered as directed for 3 hours. Great flavor, and they were moist and tender without falling apart. I used these for meatball sandwiches and we enjoyed a great meal - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2009