photo by BarbryT
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- In a large bowl mix together the ground beef, bell pepper, rice, salt and pepper.
- Form 6 equally sized meat balls. They will seem large.
- Place in a 3-4qt pot.
- Cover completely with tomato juice.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and garlic bread sticks.
- Use the tomato juice as gravy. You may add more juice as this will reduce as it cooks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very nice and similar to the "porcupine meatballs" I grew up eating. Easy, fast to make and tasty! I halved the recipe and got 4 large meatballs out of the 1.25 pounds of ground beef I had. I did have to add considerably more tomato juice to just cover the meatballs in a 3-quart pan. As a result, I had a LOT of liquid left when the meatballs were done. I put in another 3/4 C of rice, stirred it into the juice, covered and cooked an additional 15 minutes or so and had a lovely tomato rice sauce to serve with the meatballs. Thanks for posting this recipe.