Recipe by Kimberly D.
This recipe has been handed down from my grandma. It has no added sugar, and the red wine vinegar gives it something other potato salads don't have. It's the only one I'll eat!!
- 6 -8 medium potatoes
- red wine vinegar
- minced onion
- Miracle Whip
- dried parsley
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- boil potatoes until tender (I cook them for about 45 min, just covered by water).
- Cool completely.
- Peel if desired, or just cut into small cubes.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add a few splashes of red wine vinegar.
- Then add 1-2 Tbsp.
- minced onion.
- Can add more onion if using vidalia or other mild onion, if onion is very strong, be careful not to use too much, it can be overpowering.
- Mix in equal amounts of miracle whip and mayo until desired consistency, I use two heaping tablespoons of each, my mom uses more.
- sprinkle in some dried parsley and mix in the minced hard boiled eggs.
- Best if refrigerated for a few hours or overnight for the flavors to"blend".