Grandma's Potato Salad
photo by sarikat
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Hardboil the eggs. Let cool, peel, cut in half and scoop out the yolks into a bowl. Chop the whites finely and put in a large bowl.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into bite-size pieces. Boil in well-salted water until tender. Cool, then add the potatoes to the bowl with the egg whites.
- Peel and chop the onions, finely. Mix with the entire jar of pickle relish and add to potato mixture.
- Fry the entire pound of bacon until crispy, then crumble or chop. Add to potato mixture.
- Mix the egg yolks and Miracle Whip until smooth, then blend into potato mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to eat. Usually best prepared the day before you intend to serve it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!