Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is THE family recipe.
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄8 cup parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- Boil potatoes and drain. Let cool.
- Peel and cut into uneven triangular-ish chunks. Grandma holds the potato vertically in her hand and makes diagonal cuts into the potato to the tip over a bowl.
- Cut the onion in half and thinly slice. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Chill if desired.