1/2 Photos of Grandma's Meatloaf
1 hr 10 mins
This is the recipe my grandmother used to make her meatloaf. Most notably it doesn't have any sort of sauce coating the top as is called for in many meatloaf recipes. My family enjoys it this way but I'm relatively certain that any standard meatloaf sauce would do if you want one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 onion, chopped (Optional, I usually omit it or use a teaspoon of dried minced onion. You also don't need the whole o)
- 2 -3 tablespoons ketchup, heaping
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard, heaping
- 1 cup saltine crumbs, crushed. (This is usually most of one sleeve of saltines.)
- 1Mix all together; I generally use my hands.
- 2Form mixture into a loaf shape.
- 3Put in a baking dish (I use a pie plate).
- 4Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- 5NOTE: I always put a little water in my pan. I've never done it any other way, so I don't know what would result if you don't.
Browse Our Top Meatloaf Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.2
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 170.1 mg
- Sodium 277.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 25.1 g