Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Hearty, chunky, hits the spot!
Make and share this Grandma's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small whole chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup canned green beans or 1 cup fresh green beans
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon thyme
- 1⁄4 tablespoon rosemary
- 4 bouillon cubes
- 1 dash garlic salt
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 lb rotini whole wheat pasta
- Place small chicken in a large pot and fill with water until it covers the chicken.
- Add all remaining ingredients except pasta.
- Bring to boil, turn heat down and simmer for 1 hour or until chicken is about to fall off the bone. Remove Chicken, de-bone and chop into bite size chunks.
- Return chicken to pot.
- Bring to a boil, add pasta and boil according to package instructions.
- Additional Note: Freezes well. Add pasta just before you are ready to serve.