Top Review by 647938
I loved this recipe but I think it is missing something. I added a cup or so of orange juice and some water. I think it's missing that because when I followed the directions the mixture was too dry. Thanks for posting!
- 3 cups flour, unbleached
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups apples, chopped
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients- then mix in eggs and oil.
- Don't beat - then add apples and nuts.
- Bake in ungreased tube pan or sheet cake pan.
- Bake 350degrees for 1 - 1 1/4 hours.
- Cool then sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- I use a lace doily to lay on cake and then sprinkle the sugar over and then take off the doily.
- It makes it look quite special.
- Jean Hores -