Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Melt in your mouth, creamy and date rich candy with roasted pecans.
- 2 cups sugar
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 8 ounces dates (chopped)
- Boil sugar, milk and butter until it forms a soft ball in cool water (grandma's exact words) -- around 240 degrees.
- Fold in chopped dates and pecans, continue to cook until it pulls away from the pan (around 255 degrees).
- Pour onto wet cloth in log form - dust with powdered sugar and roll.
- Cool and cut into 20 pieces.