1/2 Photos of Grandma Katie’s Swedish Meatballs
Adaption Note: Ground pork wasn’t used as a part of the original recipe and cracker crumbs were used to coat the meatballs instead. Servings Note - 26 servings based on approximately 5 meatballs per person.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 1/2 lbs lean ground chuck
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 2 lbs bacon, fried crisp & finely crumbled (reserve the drippings)
- 2 cups finely diced green peppers
- 2 cups finely diced celery
- 5 large onions, finely diced
- 1 (24 ounce) container plain breadcrumbs
- 6 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (32 ounce) containers beef broth
- mushroom, sliced and slightly browned (optional)
- 1Mix the meats thoroughly together.
- 2Add in all the diced vegetables mixing well.
- 3Salt and pepper to your family's tastes.
- 4Add bread crumbs until the mixture is very slightly sticky to the hand/fingers.
- 5Heat up the leftover bacon drippings over medium heat.
- 6Roll the meat mixture into golf ball size meatballs then roll them in plain bread crumbs.
- 7Place them in the bacon drippings, browning all sides.
- 8When completely browned, place on a paper towel to drain and cool.
- 9At this point, you can use a slow cooker or a roasting pan.
- 10Fill the pan with the soups and the beef broth, whisking to mix thoroughly and get rid of any clumps.
- 11Add mushrooms if desired.
- 12Add all the meatballs and heat thoroughly.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma Katie’s Swedish Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 26
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 768.0
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 127.5 mg
- Sodium 2140.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 39.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean ground chuck