1 hr 30 mins
My best friend aspires to become a pastry chef. She made this pound cake and I've concluded that she will be a great pastry chef!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Preheat oven to 350. Generously butter a 10-inch fluted tube pan; then sprinkle it with flour, tapping out excess. Set aside.
- 3In large bowl, beat butter until creamy.
- 4Gradually beat in sugar, continue beating until the mix is light and fluffy.
- 5Turn mixer to low, sift in flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat until flour is absorbed. Beat in Grand Marnier and orange zest.
- 6Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add mini-chips.
- 7Spread the batter in the prepared pan, smoothing the top even.
- 8Bake for 1 hour or until the cake shrinks from the side of the pan. You can use the toothpick method too!
- 9Let stand in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then carefully unmold the cake onto a second rack placed over a piece of wax paper or foil.
- 11Meanwhile, combine the orange juice, Grand Marnier and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- 12Lower heat and simmer until the mixture forms a light syrup, about 5 minutes.
- 13Brush the syrup all over the warm cake.
- 14When cooled, transfer it to a serving plate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grand Marnier Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.3
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 177.2 mg
- Sodium 171.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 71.9 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: