Recipe by swissms
A delicious citrus cheesecake with a coconut-pecan crust and topped with seasonal berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and/or strawberries or fresh fruit (mango).
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup fresh coconut or 1 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded and toasted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
Grand Marnier Key-Lime Filling
- 1 lb cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 ounces sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice or 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest (or zest of 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest (or zest of 1 orange)
- 2 pints seasonal berries or 2 pints assorted seasonal fruit
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- In a mixing bowl, combine ingredients for the crust. Place 6 four-inch lightly buttered pastry rings on a greased baking sheet. Divide the crust mixture between the rings and pat it flat to form bottom crusts. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one by one. Beat in the Grand Marnier, lime juice, and citrus zest.
- Divide the filling between the 6 pastry rings and bake the cheesecakes until set, 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until cold.
- Fruit Garnish:.
- Mix the fruit with the Grand Marnier and sugar in a mixing bowl. Let stand until the fruit becomes soft and juicy, about 1 hour.
- To serve:.
- Run the top of a hot knife around the inside of each metal ring and unmold the cheesecakes. Using a metal spatula, transfer each cheesecake to a serving plate. Spoon the berries or fruit on top and around the cheesecakes.