1/1 Photo of Grand Marnier French Toast
I found this recipe in Epicurious Magazine. Be sure to serve with orange slices and a side of bacon or fried ham to complete your meal. This recipe can be prepared the night before to make your morning preparation a little easier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier (or other orange-flavored liqueur) or 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed (or other orange-flavored liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 French bread, sliced (3/4-inch-thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Whisk first 6 ingredients to blend in medium bowl.
- 2Dip each bread slice into egg mixture and arrange in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- 3Pour remaining egg mixture evenly over bread.
- 4Let stand until egg mixture is absorbed, at least 20 minutes.
- 5(Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- 6Place baking sheet in oven and preheat to 350°F.
- 7Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- 8Add 4 bread slices to skillet and sauté until cooked through and brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- 9Place on baking sheet in oven to keep warm. Repeat cooking with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 4 bread slices.
- 10Transfer French toast to 4 plates.
- 11Sift powdered sugar over.
- 12Serve with maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grand Marnier French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1504.5
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 258.8 mg
- Sodium 2932.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 244.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 47.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: