Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This has been a family and friends favorite for over 40 years.
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (Roma Style)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- In a stockpot, combine whole tomatoes (squeeze) and juice, puree, dice tomatoes,tomato sauce, paste, and water, stir.
- Add bay leaves, sugar, garlic, red pepper, basil, parsley, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Brown your meatballs or sausage and add to sauce.
- Cook on simmer or warm for 3 hours, stirring occasionlly.
Outstanding pasta sauce! Nice and spicy! I did not add meatballs or sausage to my sauce. To me, this sauce stands on its own and needs no added meat to liven it up. However, it would be delicious served either way. Thank you for sharing this family favorite, Ed&Theresa! Your Gramps knew Spaghetti Sauce!
easy good flavored .dee
This is a very nice sauce that we enjoyed tonight. It's very easy to put together also. I put mine on at 10 am and let it simmer all day. Yummy. My photo was horrible so am not posting to the recipe.