Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found my gramma's recipe box! This recipe has been around longer than I have been... and that's a LONG time! It was always served at Gramma's house anytime we gathered for holidays. I tend to use more vinegar than oil cuz I like the tang. Feel free to adjust other ingredients to your liking.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar, sub. red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika, sweet
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, fine
- Add all to a jar or container with a lid; shake well.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.