Gourmet Macaroni & Cheese
- Cook and drain macaroni and place in a 2 1/2 quart (2.5 L) greased casserole.
- Melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour; mix well.
- Add milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
- Add salt, sugar and cheese. Mix well.
- Mix sour cream and cottage cheese into sauce.
- Pour sauce over macaroni. Mix well.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and crumbs over top. Dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika. May be frozen at this point.
- Bake at 350F (180C) for 45-50 minutes.