Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Noodle beef stew in the slow cooker...easy comfort food!
- 680.38 g extra lean boneless beef cubes
- 425.24 g celery, chopped
- 425.24 g carrots, chopped
- 2 medium onions, diced (7 oz)
- 591.47 ml reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth (add more or less, depending on how "brothy" you like it.)
- 453.59 g frozen baby peas
- 170.09 g No Yolks egg noodle substitute, dumpling size
- 2 (822.13 g) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 118.29 ml red wine
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml pepper
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT noodles in slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours, stirring occasionally if you can, until beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Add noodles and cook on LOW for 1 hour, or until soft.
Delicious! Wonderful comfort food. Simple to put together. The only change I made was to flour the meat (approx 2 Tablespoons of flour in a baggie with the pepper and garlic powder then shake to coat the meat.) This made the broth more of a gravy which my DH really likes. Also used Delicious Homemade Egg Noodles. Nothing better than homemade! Thank you for posting! I will be making this stew again! Made for My 3 Chefs 2008.