Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This sounds so good. From ruscuisine.com.
- 3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 2 ounces vodka, heated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream or 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- Brown chicken in butter with the chopped onions.
- Pour heated vodka over the chicken and onions.
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Remove chicken from the pan, dredge in the flour, add the tomato paste, and chicken broth to the pan.
- Stir-in the sour cream and feta cheese.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken again to the mixture, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken in a deep casserole dish.
- NOTE*** At this point this dish may be frozen or refrigerated for later cooking to finish.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and cook in preheated 350 degree F oven and cook for 20 minutes or until brown on top.
Oh yum, this was fabulous! The feta cheese really puts this over the top, quite frankly, the only thing I would say is, this is potentially a salty dish, especialy if you are someone who generally doesnt use much salt, so just watch your seasoning. I did alter slightly in that I really prefer not to cook whole fillets of chicken if I can avoid it, I much prefer to cube and cook like that, and I did do that in this case. The chicken came out so tender, and the sauce is just divine, this is a total make again for me. I served this over linguini, it would be equally good over rice, I just felt like noodles. Thank you lazyme, a really good recipe which I'll be making again soon. I made and enjoyed this for International Agents of QUEST, Russian sector
Very nice dish! The sauce is flavorful and creamy. Thanks for sharing! Made for Culinary Quest 2014
i have had this fabulous dinner many times in the past ,but not with this great update.i give it a five star only because i can not give a ten.