Recipe by lazyme
This sounds so good. From ruscuisine.com.
Top Review by breezermom
This is wonderful! I'd double the sauce, especially if serving over pasta. We loved it and wanted extra servings, but tried to be good! I sprinkled extra feta over the pasta before serving the chicken and sauce over it. I left the salt out of the recipe since the feta has such a salty taste. Thanks for sharing! Made for your win in football tag.
- 3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 2 ounces vodka, heated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream or 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken in butter with the chopped onions.
- Pour heated vodka over the chicken and onions.
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Remove chicken from the pan, dredge in the flour, add the tomato paste, and chicken broth to the pan.
- Stir-in the sour cream and feta cheese.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken again to the mixture, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken in a deep casserole dish.
- NOTE*** At this point this dish may be frozen or refrigerated for later cooking to finish.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and cook in preheated 350 degree F oven and cook for 20 minutes or until brown on top.