Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This salad couldn't be simpler and will be a hit with blue cheese lovers. Pecans can be substituted for the walnuts. Cooking time is for the time it takes to toast the walnuts in a 325 degree oven for a few minutes.
- 10 ounces mesclun or 10 ounces baby greens, washed and dried
- 3⁄4 cup gorgonzola, finely crumbled
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce with cheese and walnuts.
- Combine and whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Toss salad with enough dressing to coat but avoid over-dressing.
Delicious, I used pecans toasted them in the Microwave. Used lots of Gorgonzola cheese as it is a favorite. This is so good will be trying it with cranberries a Rita did. Thank you Judy.
Fabulous!!!!! I added dried cranberries. I pan toasted the walnuts with brown sugar and butter.
Made this for a salad luncheon at work. It went over very well, and one coworker even got the recipe from me to make for some guests she was having that weekend. I LOVE the vinaigrette. I eat lots of salads, and I plan to keep a jar of it on hand at all times.