Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a true treat for all chocolate lovers! ;) It's my all-time favourite muffin recipe. Quick, easy and tasty. You can also use this recipe as a base and add whatever you like (e.g. chopped nuts, cherries, coconut...)
- 75 g butter
- 200 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 300 g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 80 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 75 g chocolate (grated)
- 1 pinch salt
- In a bowl cream butter, sugar, vanilla sugar and the egg. Mix milk and vinegar and add it to the butter mixture.
- In a second bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, cacao powder and chocolate.
- Blend the butter mixture into the flour mixture.
- Fill the dough into a lined muffin pan and bake at 170°C in the pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes.
- If you like, melt a bar of chocolate and spread the muffins with it.
I made mine using 75% ww flour and 23% ap unbleached flour so they didn't look like the gorgeous muffins in Loula's photo. However they are wonderful in the mouth, rich in chocolate taste and a pure pleasure. They came out moist and light (inside, lol) I should also say that I was too lazy to grate the chocolate and used chocolate chunks. What a happy decision, a delicious muffin with big dark chocolate chunks. :D
made these to take to a meeting were they were well received and declared to be very moorish and very chocolatie though some thought a little on the heavy dense side (they prefer a more cakey muffin). I got exactly 18 muffins (55 grams of mix in each patty case) and the DS was a little disappointed that there was not much left in the bowl for him to devour. Thank you Lalaloula, made for Make My Recipe.
These are a quick and delicious muffin to make. These definitely satisfy my chocolate cravings! I used the US measurements toggle and found I had to do some tweaking to get the quantities to result in a proper muffin consistency, but get there I did! Thanks, Lalaloula! Made for Veggie Recipe Swap 27, October 2010.