This is the homemade version of the famous rolls you can buy at the mall. For best results, serve fresh out of the oven.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 0.5 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding, box
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- milk, just enough to brush over the dough
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Place ingredients in machine following the specifications of that particular machine. Set for dough cycle.
- After complete on dough cycle, remove from machine and roll out to about 17x10" rectangle.
- Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Moisten the dough by brushing with milk.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon mixture over top.
- Roll tightly from long end, pinching edges closed when completely rolled.
- Slice rolled dough into 1/2" slices (or larger if a larger bun is preferred).
- Place into greased cake pans or a cookie sheet. If using cake pans, use 3 9" pans. Let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes, until golden. Do not overbake.
- Frosting: Spread on very warm rolls. They are best when eaten fresh, but we have found that 10-15 seconds in the microwave rejuvenates them.