Recipe by Chef likestocook
This recipe came with my Waring Pro Professional Belgian Waffle Maker.These waffles are wonderful. They are so light and most of the work is done the night before! My whole family thinks that this is the only recipe to use when making waffles.
- 1⁄2 cup lukewarm water (105 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast
- 2 cups whole milk, warmed (about 105 degrees)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before, or at least 8 hours before baking, combine the warm water, granulated sugar and yeast.
- Let stand 10 minutes, until foamy.
- Stir in the warm milk, melted butter, and salt.
- Beat in the flour until smooth.
- Wrap bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let stand overnight on the counter.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- While waffle iron heats, stir the eggs, vanilla, and baking soda into the batter.
- Follow the manufacture's directions for making waffles.