Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe came with my Waring Pro Professional Belgian Waffle Maker.These waffles are wonderful. They are so light and most of the work is done the night before! My whole family thinks that this is the only recipe to use when making waffles.
- The night before, or at least 8 hours before baking, combine the warm water, granulated sugar and yeast.
- Let stand 10 minutes, until foamy.
- Stir in the warm milk, melted butter, and salt.
- Beat in the flour until smooth.
- Wrap bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let stand overnight on the counter.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- While waffle iron heats, stir the eggs, vanilla, and baking soda into the batter.
- Follow the manufacture's directions for making waffles.
Excellent waffles! The only change I made was using 1/4 cup butter instead of a 1/2 cup. I just couldn't bring myself to use that much butter.
Best waffles ever. I think they even beat Waffle House! I add 1/3 cup sugar to make them taste like a dough nut!
I was going to enter this one too! These are the best! Crispy outside, melt in your mouth inside. I get lots of "You are the best cook mom!!" from my kids when I use this recipe so it's a definite keeper. Thanks for posting it.