Sour Cream- Blueberry Waffles
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
12 waffles (4 inch)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup fresh blueberries, plus more for garnish
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat the waffle maker on medium-high heat. Preheat an oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the milk, butter and sour cream. Over a sheet of waxed paper, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and whisk until smooth. Stir in the 3/4 cup blueberries.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter into each well of the waffle maker and close the lid. Cook the waffles until golden brown and crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer the waffles to a wire rack set on a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat to cook the remaining batter.
- Garnish the waffles with blueberries, dust with confectioners' sugar and serve hot with maple syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great waffles!! I made this as written, although only 1/4 of the recipe and didn't have blueberries to garnish the waffles with so used mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and then the powdered sugar!!! So good, no syrup needed with this combination!! After eating these for breakfast, I made 4 more waffles that I now have in my freezer to have in the future for breakfast, quick and easy!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for 2013 Spring Pick A Chef event.